Teaching and Learning Online is a five (5) week introductory course designed for instructors who will be teaching online in the near future, or have just started teaching online.
The course is cohort-based which means that participants cover the content together and can benefit from collaborating. The workload has been distributed so that each week will require about 3 hours spread out over the week.
Participation in the course will enable you to:
- experience online learning from the student perspective so that you can:
- identify student experiences and better meet student needs in the online environment
- experience, observe and evaluate a number of online teaching strategies
- experience an online learning environment and explore how it is different from face to face teaching.
- identify possibilities and challenges of an online course in communication, content delivery, collaboration and assessment.
- reflect on the strategies and solutions used in this course designed for online learning.
- explore online learning models, so that you can
- discuss the potential effectiveness of different interactions in online courses
- practice and employ the theories and models discussed in the course
- explore strategies and challenges in online teaching/facilitating, so that you can
- identify potential difficulties and challenges in online teaching
- discuss suitable online teaching strategies and design sound pedagogical online activities
- collaborate with your colleagues and providing feedback to each other